Friday, April 16, 2010

I just wanted to start off saying I’m a great fan of yours. Of course, like everyone else, I’m a gay guy who enjoys the many shirtless hunks who populate your recent endeavors, but I’ve loved your stuff all the way back through the 80s – I grew up watching classic B flicks (and I use that term in the most laudatory possible sense) like Nightmare Sisters, Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama, and Dreamaniac. I have to say that all the while, I sensed a certain kindred spirit behind these films, not just in the obligatory male butt shot that always seemed like it was thrown in just for me, but in their entertaining, free-wheeling aesthetic that has carried through them up to this day. So thanks, Mr. DeCoteau, for a lot of very fun nights back in my youth, and through to this day. A couple of friends and I threw on Voodoo Academy recently, and we had an absolute blast. John K.