Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I just finished a DeCoteau evening, as I received today the Brotherhood’s 1+2 & Voodoo Academy by mail. I praise the Voodoo Academy DVD. It's one of the best special editions I’ve ever purchased. Your commentaries through the movies and the trailers are: enlightening, funny and captivating. Groundbreaking indeed. You opened a new door to entertainment and never has a B-Movie ever been so fun to watch. Your choice of the cast, and your choice to reverse the clichĂ©s from young naked women to young naked men is a great idea. Long Live David and Rapid Heart! Best Regards, Francis Barbier

I love them all. Zac Franklin

I just wanted to let you know that I saw Brotherhood 2 and it was quite possibly the sexiest movie I've ever seen. Ben Wasden.

I'm a huge fan of your films, from DREAMANIAC to the Brotherhood films. These are films I've enjoyed from my chilhood. Ruben Rox

Would just like to say, that we rented all 3 Brotherhood movies tonight, and enjoyed them all. It is refreshing to see a company that has our interests at heart. Thank you. Doug Miller.

SKELETONS - I have to tell you that I was blown away. I've been a fan of Mr. DeCoteau's for a long time and have always watched his work with great admiration. I really think this in one of his best films yet. Great cast, awesome plot, plenty of suspense, and a really good suprise ending. My hat is off to you Dave, you are one of the kings of the film industry. Keep them coming. Rapid Heart pictures Rocks !!! Chuck Gotski

Impressive. Keep on making those cool movies. Henry C. Osuna.

Awesome job! Hot guys wrestling! Occult themes! Twist endings! The best kind of horror movie EVER! Later dude, Chris in Indianapolis.

David, I've been a fan of all manner of horror films over the years and I wanted to say that I really love what you've done with the genre! You've succeeded in adding a level of tension to your films that have been heretofore missing in others of their type. I thoroughly enjoyed Voodoo Academy and The Brotherhood and look forward to picking up more of your work. Mark, Virginia

I have been a long time fan of B movies when I got out of college. Recently I got back into the scene and started looking into the films I remembered I loved, and noted that they were all directed by David. Since then, I have purchased all of the Brotherhood films, VooDoo Academy, and the Frightening and I have loved them all! I am looking forward to more films of this calibur. I especially like the director commentary. Now that I have seen the movies with some of the reasoning behind camera techniques, I feel even more in awe of the genre. Keep of the great work! Christopher Kiklas, TX

Mr. DeCoteau, Yesterday I arrived home to find my copy of The Frightening/Brotherhood III, special edition waiting for me. It was difficult to watch only parts of it and not the entire thing, but I needed to work this morning so I couldn't stay up all night. I did enjoy your commentary about the fleeing of filmmaking from Hollywood, you are right on regarding the idiots who become blind to the fact that their power was given to them and abusing it will drain the power from them as quickly as it was granted. Fools. Keep making your movies where people appreciate the work, just as you make movies that people appreciate. I know you are busy, thank you for your time and continue to push the envelope and do what others are chicken to do, imagine where we would be if everyone stayed within the lines. Looking forward to your next release and keep the special editions coming! - Jeff

I just wanted you to know I love your movies. I have seen about 6 of the Rapid Heart movies and have demanded that my local distributors carry your films. Just wanted you to know that you do have fans in Kansas - Larry Waggle

My name is Justin Costello. I am writing you this e-mail to you in appreciation of your work in the horror genre. I have been a fan of you and your artistic style since your days working at Full Moon. Your ability to create high quality, amazing looking original films on such a minimal budget and time frame is something that I strive to do myself. - Justin Costello Astoria NY

Just finished watching The Frightening. Absolutely great flick! David you get better and better with each picture. Love the concept of alternative horror. - Dave Seguin Portland ME

I love the first Brotherhood movie. Awesome! Beth Pratt, Rochester NY

Your current release of the Frightening is the best out to date. You have a gold mine in the direction these movies are taking. Oh, by the way, I own several of your movies. Oscar Fernandez, Dallas Tx.

Just had to say I Iove your movies. Keep up the good work. I will continue to buy every film of yours I can lay my hands on. Matt Guis

I would like to say that I work at Blockbuster and saw the movie “The Brotherhood” and fell in love with it. Then I got “Final Stab” and right then I decided to get all your movies. Last night we saw “Prison of the Dead” and man it was great. I put them right up there with “Evil Dead” That is how good they are. I would like to say I hope that you keep up the great work. And thank you for doing these films. - John Kidd, Cleveland Ohio.

I’ve seen many of your movies and let me tell you that I love them all. I think you guys are awesome. Keep up the great work. Brett Buryj, Lockport, IL

Honestly you have no idea what brought me to watch, and soon after buy, Voodoo Academy. But from that moment on I have been hooked on DeCoteau’s work. It amazes me that he makes such great films on the time and budgets he has. I am a fan and will be getting all his films as they come out on DVD. - CT Boscy, Pittsburgh, PA.

Hello my name is Babar. I am 18 years old and I live in Georgia. I'm a huge fan of you and your work. I have seen many of your movies and my favorite is Voodoo Academy. I can't wait for the sequel. I also saw the two Brotherhood movies. I love them. I bought the second one. Keep making great movies. Sincerely, Babar

My name is Andrew Taylor and I live in Melbourne Australia. I am writing to you for a couple of reasons. The first being to congratulate you on making some really wonderful horror films. I have been a horror film lover since my teens and have just recently discovered your films and think they are great. I recently bought the Brotherhood 1 and 2 on collectors dvd and then Final Stab and have The Frightening and Voodoo Academy on their way from the US as we speak and I can't wait. I love the style of your films. The fact that you use lesser known actors, and the fact that the films are done on a smaller budget, always gives your movies a creepy style to them. I visited your web site for the first time yesterday and I have to say that it is the best looking site I have seen in ages. It comes across how passionate you are about the films you make. Yours Sincerely, Andrew Taylor

Your movies are great, and I enjoy every one of them. You always have the best looking guys. Thanks! Jon

Hey, just wanted to say that me and my friend Teija love these movies. We must have watched the bedroom scene in Brotherhood like a 100 times. You truly pick some amazing actors. They are beautiful. My best Friend Teija went to Blockbuster and saw your movie on the shelf and we just fell in love !! Keep it up! Melanie Trindale, Farmingville, NY.

DeCoteau is a genius. I am an aspiring filmmaker, and these films are a true inspiration. Leah Benge, Ackworth, Iowa.

To the classic director David DeCoteau, First I got to say I love your work! It Rocks, Its classic! I first saw it at a local Blockbuster and when I saw the cover of Brotherhood I was like: “this looks like a classic low budget horror movie I would love and the cast looks SO HOT!”. It was instantly a classic to me. After seeing it I went to Best buy to buy it and now I own the Brotherhood II and The Brotherhood Special Edition Double feature which is brilliant. I love the commentaries especially with Bradley Stryker. I can't wait for the rest of your movies to come to DVD. You are the freshest, coolest, director I know. Your brilliant. I’m in love with your work and keep 'em coming Your biggest fan, Dennis

Rapid Heart Pictures is the best company out there! All their movies kick ass! DeCoteau is the hottest director out there! Rapid Heart.com ROCKS!!! Dennis, Oregon, OH

Let me start by saying that I love your movies. The quality of your work, considering the budget, is absolutely top notch. Your Casting has been great as well. Once again I love your work. Laserdude

I imported Voodoo Academy, and the Brotherhood 1& 2 on DVD’s and I was really blown away by the freshness and uniqueness of the material on each DVD. I really do love this new genre of film DeCoteau has created. Well Done. Russell Milne, Australia Victoria

I’m a new fan of David DeCoteau and Rapid Heart Pictures. I've quickly fallen in love. These are great films and it’s great that someone out there is making something that can appeal to girls and a gay fanbase! Don Williams, Federal Way, WA.

I Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know how much I enjoy the films by David DeCoteau. I saw the “Frightening” last night and loved it. I’m buying it tomorrow along with “Brotherhood” double feature. Djesse

While in Best Buy I happened to pick up the Brotherhood DVD and I thought I would take a chance and buy it because I love horror films. That was one week ago. I now own Brotherhood 2 on DVD as well as the widescreen special edition of the two films. I just received Voodoo Academy via express mail from TLAvideo.com. These are awesome. Voodoo Academy is entertaining as hell. The Brotherhood films on the other hand are absolutely art. Just as David Lynch or Stanley Kubrick films are art. You are quite capable of making great films (and your schedule and budget blow my mind) with very little to work with in terms of finance. Your overflow of talented actors and your artistic vision and capabilities as a visual artist more than make up for your lack of budget. The sense of atmosphere you create and the look of your films are as distinct and beautiful and unique as anything I have ever seem on film before. I feel completely immersed in the world you create on screen. The actors in the three films of yours that I mentioned above are so beautiful that it is impossible not to respond to them. Your camera work is hypnotic and gorgeous. Everything about them works so well and entertains me in such an intense way that I find it impossible not to feel addicted to your films. I hope your are going to continue in this direction and not go back to what you were doing on many of the Full Moon movies. You are genuinely a talented director with the same abilities as Friedkin, Coppola, Scorcese, Romero, Hitchcock, whoever. You are as good of a director as I have seen and I’ve seen thousands of movies. Now tell me exactly how I get them all! Your dedicated fan, Greg Holmes

Brotherhood 2 was awesome! So much fun to watch and the boys were CUTE! I may be wrong, but after watching a few of your films, I've noticed the main bad dude wears black boxer briefs. Maybe coincidence, but a nice subliminal nod to the "black hat" villains from western movies. Keep up the great work! Chris in Indianapolis

Rented The Brotherhood 2, and Final Stab... As always Bradley Stryker was looking delicious as always... Very chilling... The Brotherhood 2 was very surprising and just as good as the original... The lead in this film, Sean Faris, was also incredibly hot... Thank you so much for finding these gorgeous leading men... With each new movie that comes out, I become a bigger and bigger fan... I get excited walking into my local Blockbuster and seeing the films... I look forward to the next one... Cheers, Sharalyn, Tucson

Very much enjoyed Brotherhood 2: Young Warlocks. Liked it better than the original. Sean Faris was a doll. The threesome scene had to be the highlight, and loved the homage to Voodoo Academy with Sean rubbing his chiseled pecks and abs under his shirt. Keep up the interesting and good work. Matt Guerin, Toronto

Just got to say, love the films, and keep them coming. The more sequels the better! Michael Wolinski, IL.

I got to see FINAL STAB along with The Brotherhood 2 last night! I loved them!!! Final Stab was great! Tell Bradley I said hi! Thanks again and keep making the great movies!!! Jeannine Fullen, Pgh, PA

Just rented Voodoo Academy & The Brotherhood. The boys are lovely! I know nothing about Bradley Stryker, but I am his new biggest fan (and yours!) Keep it up! David, You're awesome! Just watched Final Stab. YOU ROCK! It was as much fun as The Brotherhood! Thank you for using Bradley Stryker again. Thanks for the great time, I can't wait to see The Brotherhood 2! Your films remind me of John Waters' (whom I love!) - Chris in Indianapolis

I felt it my obligation to reply to this email and tell you that I absolutely LOVED 'Final Stab'...it is one of the best slashers of the 90's, on the same level as 'Scream' and well above anything that followed...it was well written, cleverly directed, and wonderfully acted...I found myself with goosebumps many times, and jumped at least a half dozen times during the film...I must congratulate you on a job well done, I will definitely be recommending this to any horror movie fan...any plans for a special edition DVD soon??? I definitely can't wait to buy this...hope to hear from you soon...just had to share my thoughts, I’m still thinking about the film and will watch it again after class tonight... Marshie

Hi David, I love your stuff! I couldn't cast them or make them better! Keep up the AWESOME work! - Randy

I just finished watching The Brotherhood. I must say I am swooning over this feature. I will have to buy it! (Thank you to you all and to Blockbuster!!) The scenery was beautiful, especially Bradley Stryker. He was quite impressive, I am absolutely smitten by him and those gorgeous blue eyes! I am definitely going to be a big fan of him and your company's films. Do please keep it up! A new fan, Sharalyn Nera

Mr. DeCoteau, I would like to start off by saying that I am a big fan of your films...they are a form of escapism for me from the horrors of my everyday life...it always makes me smile when I put on one of your movies and indulge in the pure pleasure of watching them...my favorites? I have many, but a soft spot go to Voodoo Academy and The Brotherhood. You truly are a gifted individual and I admire and respect you for your work. I hope to hear from you soon... Your dedicated and loyal fan, Sahag Gureghian

I love The Brotherhood. It is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The idea the story is based on is great! Janice Warner, Freetown, IN.

I first wanted to start by saying that I think your movie Voodoo Academy was an excellent picture, and a much needed change to the ever-growing dull horror genre. Is it true there is a Voodoo Academy 2 in the works? Thanks for your time. _Keep up the good work! The Brotherhood...aka I've been watching you is great! When I first saw Bradley Stryker, I nearly had a heart attack! He is a total babe! Whew! It took me ages to find this site, so do me a favour and keep his piccie on the main page - it makes me soar! Luv u Bradley! Lucy Ball, U.K

I absolutely love your films I came upon The Brotherhood by accident and didn't realize that you were part of Full Moon Pictures before. Nick Putvinski NYC

"VOODOO" is an awesome picture! Thanks, Jeremy

Hi! I greatly enjoyed meeting the cast of The Brotherhood this weekend at the Fangoria convention; Thank You so much. I was also fortunate enough to get one of the free Brotherhood 2 DVDs and I LOVED it! Great movie, Great cast, and Great music. Thanks Again, Joe, LA

Just watched Brotherhood 2 and loved it, Keep up the excellent job. Jeff Cusano, NC.

The Brotherhood is the best film I've seen in a long time, can't wait to see the others. And Bradley Stryker is so fine! - Cheska, Essex, U.K.

I just bought the Brotherhood. I swear, if you hadn't told me, I'd have guessed 3-4 million dollar budget! I loved it! It was one of the sexiest movies I have ever seen. Really! Visually it was incredible. I love the tilted camera angles! It was very dreamlike. Almost like out of a fairy tale. I was really really impressed. I really loved it. Neat story, good pacing! Stylistically great! Very pleasing to the eye! And to top it all off it was a low budget movie! That's so great!! I love you Dave! -Ian

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your videos! I have been a fan from the start and found Brotherhood on the previewed table at Blockbuster. WOW! Just like the old days! Please keep up the great work! Will there be a Rapid Heart fan club? Like at Full Moon? Please let me know, thanks again! Michael Svoboda

The Brotherhood (or "I've Been Watching You", as it is known in the United Kingdom) is superb. It has a fantastically powerful storyline that draws you in from start to finish. The acting is strong, especially from Bradley Stryker as the charismatic and seductive Devon. Shame that it isn't a bit longer. I am looking forward to a DVD release this fall/autumn and hope it gets the same treatment as Voodoo Academy had on DVD. - Dave Adamson, UK

I've been a fan since Sorority Babes without having even known it. My true obsession started with the "cut" Blockbuster version of Voodoo Academy, which led to the DVD (Thank heavens for Amazon). That then lead to "The Brotherhood" (I almost said that I lost the DVD just so I could keep a copy when Blockbuster demanded I give it back!) The website I check every other day. Keep up the thrilling, exciting, visually stimulating work. And don't let Michael Lutz out of your clutches. Or any of the rest of them. - Kevin Robnett

I just wanted to let you know how much I liked The Brotherhood. I am a big fan of sexy vampire movies, and this one was one of the hottest. I am especially curious about Bradley Stryker, I would like to see more information about him. I enjoyed his performance, and I think he is sexy. I hope to see his film career take off, with that up-to-no-good smile of his. I bought the movie, and became instantly enamored with Bradley Stryker. - Bonnita Schultz

I've been obsessed with Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama for years! Mark, NYC

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed "The Brotherhood," perhaps the most exciting and original movie I've seen in a long time! I also rented "Voodoo Academy" unaware that both films were by the same director (but I could have guessed). The actors, storyline, and (especially) costumes for "The Brotherhood" were superb, and I look forward to the sequel. With these two movies, you have created a niche in the horror genre which desperately needed to be filled, and I thank you profusely. I am a huge fan of vampire movies in general... a huge turn-on!. Thanks again, and keep up the good work! Jeff R., Santa Barbara, CA.

Just wanted to say I love your films, and from what little I have been able to find out about you it seems like you are a good role model too. Thanks for the films, being a cool guy, and keep up the good work. Later. - Will

I loved THE BROTHERHOOD! You take a genre that has been done many times and turned it into an erotic thriller. So many times the female is the focus. Its nice to see a change. I loved the fact that the ratio was 9 to 1 in favor of the hot guys! Seeing the males in their boxer briefs sent me over the edge! Thank you! Thank you! I believe there is a market for a male counter point that gay men and women would enjoy. Thanks for making my dreams come true! Mitch E., Chicago, IL.

Kudos for polished performances, exquisite direction and superlative script! The Brotherhood is a masterpiece! Highest regards to the new auteur for the millennium! Hillary M. Mesa, AZ.

I'm totally in love with The Brotherhood!! Where can I get more info and pics of Donnie Eichar who played Mikhail? He is the hottest guy I have ever seen! Christina, Honolulu

I just saw the Brotherhood. WOW! I was way impressed! It was by far the most homoerotic vampire film I've seen! I really enjoyed the movie and you have excellent taste in actors! D. Doyle

Simply Awesome! M. Edwards NY, NY

I quite liked “The Brotherhood”. I actually think, in many ways, that its his (DeCoteau's) best film. John Thonen, Fandom.com

Great! I can't wait to see the others! Damon D. Clarksville, IN

A genuinely eerie horror-thriller with excellent performances. Queerhorror.com

So great is the demand for this movie simply because of its new sexy teenage stars Nathan Watkins and Bradley Stryker. These young actors provide a stunningly sexy performance in this film. Ebayer

It was by far the most incredible movie I have seen!!! My friends all agree we all went out and bought it immediately after renting it! - Danielle M. New York

I just bought The Brotherhood at Blockbuster the other day. I just wanted to say that its an awesome movie. Jackie, NYC

I just had the pleasure of seeing Final Stab at the American Film Market on Sunday. I have to say I was blown away - I don't know how you did it. Production values, camerawork, set ups and locations...awesome. S. Lee Taylor

I loved Bradley Stryker in THE BROTHERHOOD and would like to say that it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long long time. He did a GREAT job in it so good I could even feel his words, and the touch of his lips. I think I began to love him when I saw his friends and himself walking together in slow motion at the beginning and then the smile just did it for me, it was a good smile with a little evil behind it. Made me feel like my true self watching and hearing him. Michelle

Bradley Stryker is soooooooooo hot and talented - Eleni

Bradley Stryker is the hottest guy I have ever seen - Jade

I think everybody in the world loves Bradley Stryker. I think I must have watched the scene in Brotherhood where he and Chris were drinking the girl’s blood 10 times over - Angel

I write this to say that information on Bradley Stryker is truly needed!!!! I would like to know more about him like: How old he is? Where is he from? I am hoping to find some more info on him soon. Bradley.....you are definitely a guy I wouldn't mine talking to, even for just 2 min - Alejandra

Bradley I like your acting and I just want to say if you ever read this you have a very sexy body and your the hottest man alive! - Danielle Lynn

Well I just wanna say that Bradley Stryker is now the FINEST guy I have EVER seen! - Nikki

This is for Bradley Stryker, if you ever read this, e-mail me, I'm in love with you. I was dying watching you in 'The Brotherhood'. You were great! - Valerie Kaiser

I am in love with Bradley Stryker - Randa Cole

I've been a huge fan since I was a kid. Sorority Babes was the first one I saw, but the BROTHERHOOD is my new favorite. - J. Ulloa, NYC

I just rented THE BROTHERHOOD and enjoyed it thoroughly! I love the fact that cute guys are the main objects of desire in most of your horror pictures - an element I've been waiting for. - Matt G., Toronto, Canada

Loved THE BROTHERHOOD! Loved VOODOO ACADEMY! Loved CAVE GIRL ISLAND! I guess I love DeCoteau! Keep up the great work with the sexy guys! - Allen B. West Memphis, AR.

I saw Mr. DeCoteau speak at Fangoria this past weekend and found his appearance to be one of the highlights of the event! The new films look great! Also, I have friends who are fans of your work in Germany and Japan! James M., NY

Hey, I LOVE your pictures. Voodoo Academy was the absolute hottest! First DVD I was even convinced to buy. Wow. Curse of the Puppet Master was also great. It's a knock out. - Glenn Searle, CA

I was just watching the Voodoo Academy DVD. I liked it so much, it was the first DVD I ever bought. Apart from how cute the actors are --and they REALLY are! -- I loved the additional commentary you made about the production process. It must have been a lot of work, so I just wanted you to know that SOMEONE appreciated it. Bradley Stryker and Donnie Eichar are stunning! Are you going to use them again? Just hoping. - John

If this is THE David DeCoteau, just let me say that I've been a fan of your movies since discovering the classic that is "Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama" in high school. I'd ramble on and on forever if I listed all of your movies that I've enjoyed. Anyway, "Voodoo Academy" was so hot! I thought the movie was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Riley Smith, Huntley Ritter (wow...I was so glad when I saw him in "Bring It On") and that stunning Rhett Jordan! "The Brotherhood" was also fun...Bradley Stryker was beautiful as was the dark-haired guy who stood guard on the frat house porch. I don't know where you find these guys to cast your movies, but keep up the good work! D. Grubka, Buffalo, NY

My hats off to you for creating a whole sub-genre of homoerotic horror. I started collecting your films and have bought several as gifts for friends. (You're right of course the DVD of Voodoo Academy is sexier) My friends loved them. No one else is doing what you're doing. I've been watching your films since the PuppetMaster series, but since discovering the sexier side of your work, I am constantly checking up on what you're doing on IMDB.com. I am looking forward to The Brotherhood II. Keep 'em coming! - Ron

Thank you so much for "Leather Jacket Love Story". As you know I like that film immensely. I still remember seeing it in the west village here 2 years ago at the Quad. I wish you good luck with all your productions ("Brotherhood 2", " Final _Stab", etc.) and good luck to Rapid Heart productions. Just like Hammer, AIP, Empire, New World and Full Moon shaped kids wonder of fantasy and fun years ago by exposing them to magical new worlds, I know your company will too. Hennessy, NYC

Just saw Voodoo Academy, it was great! Amazing! Keep up the good work! Gullies M., Columbus, OH.

I've been waiting years for someone to make a horror film like this. What a refreshing break! Delicious! Ken A., San Francisco, CA.

I have just discovered your work with Voodoo Academy and The Brotherhood - loved them both! Please keep me informed of your future productions. Keep up the great work! Randy C. NY, NY

Congratulations on Voodoo Academy. I hope this movie finds a following but I expect it already has! It shows such effort and real imagination. I take my hat off to you and intend to watch a lot more of your movies! Gary, London, England

I loved it! It was excellent! And the casting...lets just say you are my new favorite director! I read in Fangoria that you had directed Curse of the Puppetmaster. I loved that flick - it was the best one! Keep making those hot horror flicks! Randy S.

I loved your film Voodoo Academy! Please make more! Gene H., Encinitas, CA.

I thought camp was dead until I saw the delicious Voodoo Academy! I was then delighted by the Brotherhood! The final mind blower was to find your connection to Leather Jacket Love Story and Skeletons. I sincerely hope that you will do everything that you can to get much of the early DeCoteau filmography on The Movie Channel, Showtime, or SciFi. I am most anxious to see everything you have influenced! Larry J., Rockhill. SC.

Want to know something amusing? I noticed that my best selling DVD through Amazon.com was Voodoo Academy! That darn thing sold! Andrew B., badmovies.org

I think you do some amazing work! I especially enjoyed Voodoo Academy. As a young gay man who is addicted to horror films, I'm always glad too see a scary movie with homoeroticism! It seems that 8% of all horror fans are neglected by the Motion Picture industry. Steve B.

Full Moon vet David DeCoteau has decided to do something a little different with "Voodoo Academy". DeCoteau has turned the tables on the classic horror stereotypes and brings us what he calls, "the first horror film for girls." "Voodoo Academy" features a group of young men who run around a spooky bible college in their (name brand) underwear. Credit must be given to the movie for attempting something different. Riley Smith stars as a newcomer to the Carmichael Bible College, which is run by the mysterious Reverend Carmichael (Chad Burns) and Mrs. Bouvier (Debra Meyer). We soon learn that the school is simply a front for voodoo activity and that the students are to be used as sacrifices so that Mrs. Bouvier can have more power. The all-male student body (!) roam the school at night wearing nothing but their skivvies trying to find out what's going on. Try to image an episode of "Scooby Doo" crossed with a Calvin Klein ad and you'll get the idea of what "Voodoo Academy" is like. The DVD features the director's cut of the film that runs 23 minutes longer. The film is presented full-frame, as it was shot on 16mm film -but not so much so that it detracts from viewing the film - the image is very clear and crisp. The film offers many nighttime scenes, and in these scenes we are given an image that shows true blacks and no color bleeding. The audio on the DVD is a Dolby 2-channel surround, which makes good use of the rear speakers during the suspenseful scenes. The dialogue on this audio mix is always clear and audible. The "Voodoo Academy" DVD offers an audio commentary with director David DeCoteau, who is very frank in discussing the history of the film and why he decided to make it. DeCoteau openly discusses the difficulty that he had getting the film made and distributed. It's very refreshing to hear a filmmaker stand behind his work the way DeCoteau does. He also narrates behind-the-scenes footage from the set of "Voodoo Academy", giving us insight into the making of the film. His work is spotlighted in a special section, which treats us to a biography and filmography of the director, as well as showing us many trailers from his catalog of film. DeCoteau also provides a video introduction to the movie. On a lighter note, Full Moon has included a blooper reel, showing the many gaffs from the set, as well as a selection of trailers. Mike Long, dvdreview.com

I was unsure of what to expect from Voodoo Academy, but soon enough I discovered it is more of the classic Full Moon style, but with a twist. In cheap horror flicks like this one, you'll usually find a plethora of female exploitation, but in this film the guys are the ones under fire. It turns out to be a good time. Voodoo Academy is like most Full Moon movies, in that you won't find immense production values or an artistic impression film, but cool special effects. Not cool like in Jurassic Park by any means, but still very cool and worth a look. I think fans of Full Moon will want to give this flick a chance and what better way to do so, than with this excellent Lunar Edition disc? You'll find a terrific audio & video treatment, as well as a superb collection of supplements. So if you're a Full Moon fanatic, this disc is one you will not want to miss! The man behind the camera for Voodoo Academy is David DeCoteau, whom Full Moon fans are sure to recognize. It seems like he has a knack (and love) for low budget horror flicks, as he has directed a rather large number of them. This also means most of his work is better than average, since he has the experience to maximize his limited resources on a film. Such is the case with this movie, where it seems DeCoteau used his means to perfection and a lesser director might have come up much too short. In other hands this film might have fallen apart, but DeCoteau delivers it in the best form you could hope for. It might not be award winning filmmaking, but it is a terrific turn for this type of film. If you want to see more of DeCoteau's work I recommend Puppet Master III, Dr. Alien, Witchouse, Retro Puppet Master, and Totem. The cast here is about as good as you might think, they do the best they can and for this film...more than enough. The cast includes Riley Smith (Bring It On), Kevin Calisher, Chad Burris, and Huntley Ritter (Bring It On). Voodoo Academy is presented in a full frame transfer, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the film. The colors and contrast suffer somewhat due to the grain, but the overall image is still average, never worse. The music sounds clean and rich. The sound effects are well placed and sometimes add a lot to the atmosphere of the film, which is great. The dialogue is in fine form also, clarity is high and no harshness is evident. I wasn't blown away by the sound, but it gets the job done and that's what counts. This is another Lunar Edition title from the folks at Full Moon and as such, it is loaded with bonus features. A special look at director David DeCoteau is included, which offers a filmography, biography, trailer reel with commentary, and an introduction to the film itself. You'll also find a twenty-nine minute behind the scenes montage of footage, with commentary again by DeCoteau. This offers some cool shots and even some makeup effects sequences, which I love. The film's theatrical trailer can be also be found here, as well as a fourteen minute blooper/outtake reel. Rounding out the disc are two alternate audio tracks, one a commentary with DeCoteau and the other a "raw" audio track option. DeCoteau's track is filled with information on the film's more interesting aspects, while the "raw" track lets you hear the actual, unfinished audio. Very cool! Also, this disc features the final cut that reflects DeCoteau's vision for the film, which is always nice I think. DVDAuthority.com